Freemasons come from all walks of life, and each have their own story to tell.
Membership is open to people from all backgrounds with the aim to empower members to be the best they can be.
- Make new lifelong friends who share the same values
- Push yourself to become more confident and try new things
- Take opportunities to make a positive contribution to society
Founded on the three great principles of Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth, it aims to bring together men of goodwill, regardless of background and differences.
Who can become a Freemason?
People may believe that it is difficult to become a Freemason but It’s quite straightforward.
The essential qualification for admission
- That you have a belief in a supreme being or higher power.
- Over the age of 21 years, but in some circumstances candidates between the ages of 18 and 21 can be admitted.
We advise that you first talk to a family member, friend, or colleague whom you already know to be a member. They will be able to explain what they can about Freemasonry. If you don’t know anyone at all who is a member, then get in touch and tell us a little bit about yourself and your reasons for wishing to join.
Arrangements will be made to meet you socially to find out more about you, and to give you a chance to find out more about us. You would then in due course be invited to meet a committee of members from a Lodge, prior to being balloted for membership. All being well, a date would then be fixed for your admission.
Please contact us for more information.